Reassurance of third party certification
- As a condition of membership, manufacturers must meet independently verified quality, performance, and sustainability criteria. Membership and performance auditing are reviewed annually. Windows are: fully factory finished and glazed; supported by a declaration of performance and CE marked; supported by warranties covering glazing, ironmongery, and coatings endorsed by accredited WWA suppliers; and fitted by qualified installers.
- A planned service life of 60 years for our timber windows, 70 years for modified timber and 80 years for aluminium-clad timber (depending on exposure conditions and maintenance).
- Typical maintenance intervals of 10 years for the first re-coating, then every 7 years (depending on exposure conditions).
- Meet the requirements of UK Building Regulations Approved Document L: 2010 or the equivalent Scottish and Irish regulations. Supported by BFRC Energy Ratings, whole window or centre pane U values, as appropriate. A rated windows available and U-values as low as 0.7.
- Manufactured from timber that has been legally sourced from sustainably managed forests, supported by supplier 'due diligence' in accordance with EU Timber Regulation 2013 and/or Chain of Custody certification.
- Timber frames are carbon negative over their service life contributing to a net reduction in atmospheric CO2. A typical WWA timber window when used instead of a PVC-U window will save approximately 160kgs CO2e over its 60 year life (source: Heriot Watt University, 2013)
- Designed in accordance with BS 644.
- Locking systems to European Standard BS EN 6375 Part 3: 2009. Where necessary, windows and doors tested to PAS24 in compliance with Approved Document Q.